Monday, June 17, 2013

June 16,2013 Father's Day in Pagosa Springs



Before we left Florida for our summer road trip Lennie & I jointly bought a new camera. We agreed it would be a Mother's Day/Father's Day gift for each other.I basically take all the pictures, even when strangers ask us to take a picture Lennie always says, "My wife will take it." Not that I'm a great photographer, he just doesn't want to bother with it!?! But today being Father's Day.....I had to let him use the camera!!!!
Today we have a scenic drive to Wolf Creek Summit planned.We head out after our regular morning routine. Otis is excited to go. It's not going to be a lot of driving so I break down & let Otis ride on my lap but.......Otis must realize I'm not crazy about him riding on my lap, so he traded laps!?!
        Trust me that didn't last long & all too soon he was back on my lap!!!
It was real hazy when we started our drive, & we could smell the smoke from the wildfires.As we drove up the summit it did seem clearer.
We talked to lady later who's camped on the other side of the summit & she told us the smoke was real bad at their RV park.....
After we left the summit we had our picnic lunch in mind! But first we stopped to view Treasure Falls.You could see the falls from the road as you drove by, but I wanted to borrow "Len's" camera & take an actual picture!
Okay...picture taken, now we can go have our picnic! We drove back to Dr Mary Fisher Park, this time we ate on the opposite side of the park, where more picnic tables were.
But we went back over to our original spot to watch the people having fun!
There didn't seem to be as many people on the river today, I suppose they were busy elsewhere with Father's Day festivities.
  Back at the RV I start HIS Father's Day meatloaf!
Now I LOVE meatloaf, & I always thought my mom made the BEST meatloaf, but we haven't eaten any beef since Feb. I made this meatloaf from ground turkey, soooooo I don't know how it's going to be!?
 Lennie & Otis relax outside while I get dinner going!
Don't spoil the dog, Len!!!!
Hey surprisingly the turkey meatloaf was pretty good!We also had sweet potatoes(always good, even without butter!)& corn, NOT as good without butter!
We talked to two different people about the wildfires. They both had the same attitude about the fires. They said if you're from the area, you just learn to accept the fires as a way of life, like the people on the East Coast & hurricanes. They also said these fires are good in a way, because there is some type of beetle that can destroy the forests faster than the fires & now the fires were killing the beetles????
We got ready to take Otis out for his potty walk, the sunset still looks like a fire might be going on???
Tomorrow is our last day here in Pagosa Springs, not sure what we're going to do. Sometimes on the last day we just loaf, but we didn't stay in this Colorado location long enough to need a LOAF day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that little town and especially that river. That photo of the father and 2 kids on the raft was an awesome action shot. The girl appeared to screaming or laughing or something. Glee, glee!! What was the father using as paddles? Too bad Otis doesn't like the water. He could have cooled off. I like those little deli rounds too. You have such fun picnics. Waterfall awesome too. I did wonder how many actual pictures Len shot tho as he was in a lot of them LOL LOL. Where we going next???? Hope it's not too smokey....makes it hard for me to breathe LOL LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete