Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20,2013 Good-bye Kanab....Hello Kanarraville

Our goal when we left Florida was to reach the state of Utah before Utah was too hot to enjoy! The week we were in Kanab, the weather was just perfect! Warm enough to wear shorts, & no need to use  the A/C, & yet occasionally I would have to pull the extra blanket up at bed time.This morning tho, Lennie had to turn the electric fireplace on before I would crawl out from under the covers! I was definitely wishing I had taken my shower the night before like Lennie had!
We didn't have to leave real early this morning as our next destination, Kanarraville,Utah wasn't that far away.Shortly after the breakfast routine & Otis' potty routine we started the hook-up.
During the hook-up procedure, Otis is waiting patiently in the RV, on my seat! He's only warming my seat up, because when we do start rolling down the highway, Otis rides on my lap. Mile after mile, state after state. In fact ALL 49 states Otis rode on my lap! And that's exactly where I want Otis.......NOT!!!!
I guess that's where the term "LAP DOG" comes from!?!
Having never been to Utah before I was in awe of all the beautiful scenery. I was glad to see as we drove from Kanab to Kanarraville that we hadn't run out of that awesome scenery!

The wind is really blowing hard today! It doesn't feel like the 73degrees reported??? By lunch time Len was ready for a break, that wind was really beating him up. No need for a rest area or a parking lot, we just pulled into a big turnout & made lunch.
We were eating our lunch & soon another truck with trailer pulled in, & then another one. Either we started something, or that's a known picnic spot!?!
Our RV park destination in Kanarraville is the Red Ledge RV Park.
It is the smallest RV park we've ever been too, maybe 20 RV sites? It's really nice & the owner, Gail, gave us the #1 site!
It didn't take us long to set up, outside & inside. Otis waits patiently while we're going through the set up motions.Hah! Most the time he's pacing on the dash wondering what we're doing!?!Once we were done we could relax & enjoy the view from our window!
We are going to be in Kanarraville for 5 days. As I type this, Lennie is already studying the map & reading about the local points of interest. He's definitely my "TOUR GUIDE"!
Tomorrow we'll start touring!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment