Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24,2013 Cedar Breaks National Monument Park

Sad day today, it is our last day to sight see in this area. We are not done with Utah quite yet!?! Breakfast is done, Otis has been walked & the picnic lunch is packed! We are now ready for Cedar Breaks National Monument Park!

Nobody had to pay today because the park doesn't officially open until June 7th.
The park roads due to snow, only opened YESTERDAY! The Ranger told us all the overlooks were open, some still had snow so proceed with caution, none of the facilities were open yet. We were just glad the roads were open!
Cedar Breaks is famous for its red rock scenery. This was one of my favorite sights I could have snapped pictures all day long, but pictures just don't do this sight justice, you really have to see it to believe it!
Wait, there's more.....
& more
there's more but I can't post all of them! It was 52 degrees at the upper elevation we were at & the wind was really blowing hard. There were patches of snow everywhere so of course we wanted Otis to get into some snow!!!
& I wanted to get into the snow too!
Notice I have sandals on!?! It was in the 70's when we left the RV Park!I don't miss the snow, but I do miss the beauty of the snow!
Time to find a picnic spot!
I don't know why Lennie cut the picnic out of this picture!?!
But the scenery's still there! I need my shades, the sun is really bright!!! We need more scenery shots!
There, that's better!
Leaving the park we drive to Cedar City en route to our RV Park. We stopped at the Veterans Memorial Park in Cedar City. The park features large scale memorials, bronze statues & walking trails in honor of local veterans of World War l & ll, Korean,Vietnam,Afghanistan,& Iraqi Freedom. It was really nice!
We had one more stop to make in Cedar City before heading back to the RV!
That's right WALMART!!!! For supplies!!!! Kanarraville,Utah is a town without a town!!!! It has a population of 375! It has NO stores, restaurants,gas stations??? It does have a fire department, & it does have a post office<-No home delivery but open Mon-Sat 9:00-1:30pm! All your needs can be met in Cedar City it is a booming metropolis, & just a short drive away! Time to go back to the RV Park. This small RV park is overflowing now. People are preparing for Memorial Weekend. I hope they enjoy the sights as much as we did!
Tomorrow morning we pull out of Kanarraville, Utah heading for...........???

1 comment:

  1. It does look funny to see shorts and sandals next to a snow bank LOL. Did Otis like it or saying "yuck, what is this???" I cannot get over the gorgeous photography...so crisp and clear...not to mention beautiful. Good to see you up close...thanks to this blog, I'll feel like I already know you before you come in Oct.

    ReplyDelete