Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 25, 2013 Driving to Moab!

Last night after dinner Lennie connected our car to the RV so all he had to do this morning after breakfast was disconnect all the hoses.The small RV park sure filled up as people prepared for the holiday weekend! I took Otis for his potty walk, then walked over to the Post Office to mail postcards. It was a real tight squeeze & Len had an audience as he pulled out of the site!
It's about a 300 mile drive from Kanarraville to Moab. Something came over Otis! For the first 80 miles of driving he figured out he had other seating options besides my lap!?! He went from the love seat to the recliner before he realized my lap was the best seat in the RV & up he came!!!! I think this is the first drive where it was scenic the whole drive!
The mountains in the background with snow....I believe are probably
The Rockies?
The scenery never ended & we never stopped enjoying it.
When we stopped for a fuel fill-up, I gave Otis a potty break & captured this picture, which I thought was cool especially being Memorial Day weekend.
Our picnic today was not in a park but in "the bus" but it still wasn't lacking in scenery!
It was a hard drive for Len, the crosswinds were terrible!!! It's been soooo windy every where we've been!?! We finally made it to Moab,Utah. This is our last Utah location we'll visit. I can honestly say if Utah was the only state we visited this season, I would not have been disappointed. What a beautiful state!
We're staying at the OK RV park in Moab.
This is the view as you pull into the park,
We are going to be here a week......
being Memorial Day weekend this RV Park is FULL!!! We decided to wait till after the holiday to go visit the National Parks in this area, hopefully it won't be as crowded???
Funny how we always arrive at the RV parks in time to make dinner!!? That always makes Lennie & Otis happy!
Lennie fell asleep during TV time, driving in that rough wind is hard on Len. He did wake up to take Otis out to potty & called me to come outside with the camera & look what I saw!
It's definitely a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment